Thursday 10 April 2014

Stalling and Crafting

So this week has been a bit of a shit show for me, and as a result my IDGAF stuff has been suffering quite a bit. I've been wanting to come on here and give a bit of a life update for a while though, and I find myself in possession of some spare time, so now seems like a great time to do that. I warn you now, this post will not be overly IDGAF related.

The past several days have been great for me, but busy. On Monday night, I went to a Feist concert. It was the first date and only Canadian stop on her Mettle solo tour, with Kevin Drew opening for her (he's from Broken Social Scene). It was an amazing concert. I find myself saying "this is one of the best concert's I've seen" to nearly every concert I've been to lately (the past two were Tegan and Sara last summer, and Serena Ryder last March), but when I say that about this one, I truly mean it. It's a privilege to be able to see a fairly famous singer without a backing band at this stage in her career, and I have to say, I almost prefer listening to her songs stripped down they way they were on this tour. She also played a really long show - went on around 9:20 and didn't finish until about 11:10 or so. She also brought out Gordon Downy as a surprise guest, and he sang Flamenco with her. I was so surprised to see him when Kevin Drew invited him on stage for a song...I kind of lost it a little. I'm not a huge Tragically Hip fan, but I do enjoy some of their stuff, and it was really cool to get to see Gordon Downy. So anyway, it was a really great concert, but I left the house around 6:40 in the morning that day and didn't get home until after midnight. 

Tuesday was really rainy and gross here, so thankfully I didn't have to go anywhere but home after work, so I was able to get some IDGAF reading done that day.

Yesterday after work, Heather and I went to the Clay Cafe so that I could finish painting something I started on Sunday when I was there with my in-laws. The Clay Cafe is a "paint your own pottery studio", which is actually really fun! It was only the second time I was there, and I could have spent so much money on altar decorations! As it is I got two on Sunday, and then Heather and I went splits on one last night. (I'll post a picture of my "before" items in a bit) There's just so many different things that would be neat to have/paint. I'd love to go back there for more stuff soon! Here's the "before" photo of my stuff (which should be ready for pick-up next week):


The colours you see here will change quite a bit once these get fired, so stay tuned for an update on the finished products. I also painted a cherry blossom pattern on the other side of the antler, but I'm not overly talented in the free-handing department, so I'm kind of worried it's going to suck once it comes out of the kiln. 

Anyway, I guess that's pretty much it for this update. I've been wanting to do some more reading, and also to make a video, but as you can tell, it just wasn't in the cards this week. (Today was also a bit of a write-off as we had some cat-issues to deal with after work.) I'm really hoping to get back on track with everything next week. I haven't even found time for a "weekly practice" this week, which is terrible. Thankfully there are still 2 days left.  Anyway, I should be off. Hope all is well with everyone that might be reading this out there. Caio for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment