Monday 28 April 2014

IDGAF: Month 2

Already another month has passed - blown through like the ever changing winds of the seasons. And where do I find myself? 

I feel like I stalled a bit this month - like I was grinding my gears a bit and stalling my engine. I started the month off really well, but towards the middle I became a bit more apathetic than I'd like to admit. I started saying "I really should read now but I have loads of time, so I'll go do this other thing instead" and I sort of fell into a bit of a lull. My weekly practice has been suffering alongside my reading, and I feel frustrated I let it get to this point. But here I am, admitting my struggles to all of you, because I feel like I'm not alone in this. I know that even if you're not having a hard time with things now, there might come a time when you are, so you can look back on this and not beat yourself up over it. We're all human. I'm going through this process like the other initiates, and I want you all to see that.

Challenges, although frustrating, are actually kind of great. They make us push ourselves past our comfort zones. Kind of like, when you reach a wall, do you find a way around or over it, knock it down, or walk away from it? 

We also just got another IDGAF initiate, which I find incredibly exciting. I'm really happy to see that our first initiate is enjoying her IDGAF "studies" so far, and it's great to hear how it's been a positive influence in her spiritual practice. I'm excited to see how her studies are progressing, and will continue to progress. I'm also interested to see how our new initiate will integrate IDGAF into her practice, and where that will take her in the future. 

That's it for now. Stay tuned later in the week for my answer to the blog prompt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment