Wednesday 16 April 2014

Lunar Eclipse's Get Me All Fired Up...tee hee

Jambo everyone! (pronounced like Jaam-Bo - it's a Swahili greeting, for those of you that don't know)

I hope you guys have been having a fabulous week! Mine has once again been busy, but I'm plodding onwards.

I picked our stuff up from the Clay Cafe on my way home from work today, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

For a refresher, here's the before...


And here's what it looks like now that it's been fired up:


So quite a big change in the tiki "mugs". I know it's hard to see in this photo, but the antler I painted to look like it's got a cherry blossom branch on it, actually turned out pretty good. One of the shades of pink that I used was too light though, so it's really hard to see, but other than that I don't think it's a bad first attempt.

I also picked up a book I had on special order today, which I'm pretty excited about. I've been wanting to read it for a while (my reading list keeps getting longer somehow) so I'm glad I finally get to read it. It will be my next book for IDGAF, so I don't want to start reading it until I'm done The Way of the Shaman, but I'm pretty anxious to get started on it now that its in the house. I won't tell you what it is just yet, so you'll have to stay tuned to my book updates if you're interested.

I also wanted to mention that there was a full lunar eclipse on Tuesday, in case you didn't know - I think it was around 3 or 4 am my local time - so we ended up doing a thing for that on Monday after everyone was home from work (because we knew we'd be busy on Tuesday evening). This was the ritual that Renee was planning as one of our IDGAF rituals (you need to do a minimum of one per month). Since it turned out to be such a wonderful day, we went to our regular spot outdoors for our witchy observance.

We ended up doing a consecration ritual of sorts - to help that space feel more like ours, and also to help give our own personal spaces a little extra oomph. We burned some powdered incense that Drew (and maybe Renee, I don't remember - it's been a whirlwind week again) made from dried herbs, and then each of us wrote down the things we wanted to see in our space on some parchment paper and tossed it in the cauldron.

We kept a good fire going even though it was windy

My wishes for the space

Fly free!

This is what happened if we added too much incense at once, but I thought it looked really cool. It likely helped to consecrate the space a bit better too. 

This is what happened when the "right" amount of incense got added...so pretty!

So then we let the fire die out, and sprinkled the ashes around from what was left, but we saved some for ourselves to have on our own altars as well. We also consecrated ourselves...kind of like ash wednesday, but more witchy. I was being very silly and took this "omg, why is there a smudge on my forehead?!" photo after the fact...

Don't I just look both shocked and horrified?  

So I guess that's it for now. I hope everyone gets to enjoy a long weekend, seeing as how it's Good Friday this week. I know a lot of things are closed here, so many people get the day off. I wish you all a Happy Easter, even if you may not celebrate it in the traditional sense! (Just because I'm not Christian doesn't mean I don't enjoy some time off and tasty, tasty chocolates, and I feel like some of you might feel the same way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment