Thursday 27 March 2014

Retail Therapy

Hey guys!

I've been wanting to write this post since last weekend, but I got a bit side-tracked. Anyway, here I am now.

Last weekend I got money from the "tax man", so I was able to pick up the layaway I had at our local pagan shop. I was oddly excited about it, despite there really isn't anything groundbreaking in it. Here's a quick photo I snapped as I unpacked it...


So as you can see, nothing overly exciting, but it excites me. I picked up a "mobile meditator", which is the large blue thing in the back. It's a faux-suede/plastic-y (?) inflatable meditation cushion that's shaped like a crescent moon. It's supposed to help your posture as you meditate, which I think will be very helpful for me. I'm also hoping it will help keep my feet/legs from falling asleep during meditation...because we all know how fun it is to nearly fall over after trying to stand up not realizing your legs have fallen asleep.

I also bought a wonderfully smelling "100% soy, plant and beeswax" candle made with a blend of "100% pure essential oils, consciously sourced from all over the world"from a company called Rare Earth Naturals. It's scented with Cassia, Cedarwood, and Cardamom. It smells wonderful and I can't wait to burn it.

I also bought 3 essential oils: Lavender, Peppermint, and Tea Tree. I'm not all that into aromatherapy right now, but I'm looking to get into it a bit more, and I wanted oils that were going to be useful for everyday stuff, not so much oils that smell pretty, so that's why I went with those ones (not saying that those ones don't smell pretty, but I'm looking to get in to it for healing purposes - things like burns, sore muscles, acne, etc).

I also bought some more Gardner's Dream Cream, because the bottle I have kicking around now is really old, and I didn't realize until I tried some newer stuff just how off the texture is in my current bottle.

What I'm most excited about is the Invocation Smudge Spray. It's the in the square box between the essential oils and the dream cream. It smells fantastic! I can't tell you how refreshing this stuff is, energetically and physically. One spray goes a long way, and really helps to clear a room (in a good way). It's made to take the place of actually burring sage, because there are some situations where you just can't burn sage but want the cleansing effects of it. I have 3 snakes and a gecko (and 2 cats), so I don't always want to go around burning stuff in every room of my apartment (because they have more fragile respiratory systems), so now that I have this spray, I feel much safer doing some house "cleansing.

I also bought some picasso stone, as well as some honey calcite. Those are the four small stones you see in the picture. I'll give you three guesses as to which stone is which. I didn't buy them for a specific purpose - I just really liked the look of them.

So yeah, yay for new witch-y things!

No comments:

Post a Comment