Friday 7 March 2014

Just a Quickie

I'm off to work very soon, but I figured I'd come back to update you on the altar situation.

I moved it to its permeant home after work yesterday, and at first I was so frustrated I was ready for a break down. After tweaking it this morning, and doing a little somthin' somthin', I feel a lot better about where it is.

Normally I don't like to have my altar in the bedroom if I can help it, but I like to burn incense and we have snakes and a gecko, so I couldn't do that where it was before, thusly, I moved it into a space where I could burn incense. Unfortunately it's really close to some wall outlets, and is in a spot that's prone to getting a bit messy from time to time. The mess-prone area I can work with to keep clean, but the wall outlets I can't get around. Like I said before though, I feel better about where it is now that I've put myself into it a bit.

Here's a few updated photos for your enjoyment...or not. Maybe you don't like photos. Maybe you don't like altars...I dunno. Anyway, here they are.



Still similar to what I had before, but I added a bit more me to it. The two statues on the top corners are of Ganesh (or Ganesha depending on who you ask), a popular Hindu deity said to be the remover of obstacles. I also have a small collection of Buddha statues that you'll see around my wooden incense burner. There's also a bottle of really old dried and crushed up flowers on there, I can't get into the story behind that right now because I really should get by butt off to work. 

Anyway, I'll hopefully be back tonight to add to this, or make a new post. Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment