Monday 24 March 2014

Planting the Seeds of Inspiration at Ostara

Hi all!

Just a bit of an update since I haven't been around much in the past week.

I hope everyone had a lovely Ostara (or Mabon for those in the Southern hemisphere) last week. I didn't do a whole lot on the actual holiday, only because we had plans for a ritual on Sunday (which was yesterday)...



I had the thought that it might be a nice idea to plant some seeds (in a pot), and burry a piece of paper with some kind of intent on it, in hopes that when the plant grows and flowers, whatever intent was put into it would also come to fruition. So, we essentially did that...but instead of burying the paper, we burned it, crushed up the ashes, and mixed it in with the potting soil.



Since it was so nice, we ended up going to our spot in the woods to do the "meat" part of the ritual, and then came back inside to plan the seeds.


We put our seeds in the orange so that as the orange peel breaks down it adds nitrogen to the soil to help things along a bit.  


So hopefully the seeds will take root and grow up to give us some wonderful herbs. I planted lavender because I figured it might come in handy down the road, and Heather, Renee, and Drew planted Mint, Anise, and Thyme.

Sorry for the kind of short update, but it's all I have time for at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment