Sunday 23 October 2016

My October Digest

It's a blustery day here in Halifax - the end of some kind of weather system we had yesterday and overnight. It's a funny sort of energy on the wind this time though - not quite like the "normal" refreshing and energizing winds of this time of year. Not quite sure how to put my finger on it...

Anyway, this has been the first weekend I've had off in about a month - and the first time I've had 2 days off together in about that same time. It was a wonderful lazy sort of weekend though, spent indoors with my wife, thanks to the weather. I picked up Skyrim again, just to re-familarize myself with it since the new remastered version comes out on Friday. I'm not sure how much I'll get to play that though, before I become a one-armed wonder for a bit, well...sort of. More on that later...

In other news, I'm about a week shy of my first month of W1 and so far things have been going really well. It was more reading than I was expecting, but I'm no stranger to reading :P I can notice little things, subtle things, starting to re-awaken. I say that because it seems so familiar yet distant, like I'm waking up out of a fog or something and seeing things for the first time. It's like it's something that was so commonplace before somehow went dormant or into hiding, and now I'm "waking up" and starting to remember something from a really long time ago. It's kind of neat, actually and I'm surprising myself sometimes.

It's a beautiful time of year to be outside here, with the splashes of colour everywhere, so I've been getting outdoors whenever I've been able to though, on my days off mostly. It's been hard not having 2 days off together, and for some reason when that one day rolls around, it just happens to be a bad weather day. Or, a not super great weather day. I still get outside though, because bad weather can't stop me or else I'd be inside all the time. It's also been a very solitary month, not seeing much of, well anyone, with my schedule being so opposite from most people. My new job is going really well though, despite that, which is fantastic. My co-workers seem pretty great, and I'm much happier on a daily basis. It's work that I'm very comfortable with, and good at doing, which makes me way less stressed. At the same time though, my schedule is kind of shit so my non-work life is a little lacklustre at the moment. It's all a trade off, and I think I'm a little bit closer to getting back to my normal self again, despite the schedule issues.

Anyway, I snapped some pictures when I was out on Wednesday, because I was just so in awe of how beautiful things are this time of year, and I thought I would share some of them with you!






So in other not-so-awesome news, I'm going in for a hand surgery in a little over 2 weeks. It's only going to be about half an hour, if all goes well, and I'm only getting a local anaesthetic - in my hand. Unfortunately for me it means I'll be totally awake and aware of whats going on, I just won't be able to feel it. Fortunately it also means that I won't have to spend time in a recovery room or anything, and there won't be any complications from general anaesthetic, which is totally a bonus. It still sucks though, because it's my right hand and I'm right handed, so I'll have to be gimpy with my left hand for a while. They're finally getting rid of a cyst that's been bugging me since last year. It's in the palm of my hand, right below my middle finger. As much as it will suck to recover from it, I've been noticing it a lot more since I've been back to merchandising, so it will be nice to not have to deal with it any more once it's gone. Oddly enough, I've also been noticing it more, the more I do with energy...maybe that's not so odd, but it's a new realm for me so I'm not so sure about these things just yet. Until then, I'll be living it up with both hands as much as possible XP 

I really don't have a whole lot of other stuff happening other than that though. Things have been blissfully quiet, but at the same time I've been accomplishing a lot in my course and getting myself back on track. 

I've been glad to see people's recent posts. It's great knowing that you guys are still out there doing what you do, even though our little community is somewhat quiet at the moment. 

I'm going to "sign off" for now - I'm going to spruce up my altar space. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment