Sunday 17 May 2015

Another random update

Since I've kinda been MIA for a little while, I figured I'd come on here and fix that.

This weekend was filled with activity for me - literally. Yesterday I was up and out early, for a walk with my wife in a nearby park, called Hemlock Ravine. It's a great spot to walk around, with lots of old growth and large hemlocks. You can really recharge after taking a stroll through one of the many trials in there. We were there for about an hour and a half before leaving to head back into civilization.

Once I got back home I didn't have long before I had to leave again, this time because I was headed to the Bluenose Marathon to walk the 5k. I signed up through my work, and I'm really glad I did. This was my third 5k, but my first time in the Bluenose Marathon (today was the full marathon, half marathon, and 10k). I was extremely overwhelmed with the people and, well, everything about it really. The other two "races" I was in before were very small, so it was a bit of a shock to come from that to this. I had a great time though, and I am definitely going to do it again next year. Though, next year I won't do it with work because I want to try to get a team together for another cause.

Today I was able to sleep in a bit, but then my wife and I headed back to Hemlock Ravine because we didn't get to do much exploring yesterday before we had to leave. By the time we headed out of the park we'd spent 3 hours in there. So I was pretty busy today combined with yesterday.

Beltane was marked by a feast this year, and painting some phallic symbols to decorate our altars with. It was a good time all-around, and there was tons of great food. I got to take the day off work and weather was actually really great too, which was nice, because it'd been pretty cold and gross up until that point.

I finally finished a few books recently that I started months ago. I'm not reading anything at the moment, because I'm not sure what I want to read next! I know I want to read The Mighty Dead (Penczak) but I may wait a little longer before I start it, I'm not sure. I'd also like to continue reading my Irish-y type books, so I may pick up another one of those instead.

I don't really have much more to add to that, I think. For the most part, I'm just enjoying the nicer weather as much as I can, which translates into me being outside more.

I'm sorry this post was all over the place, but it's fitting because I've kind of been all over the place too. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment