Sunday 19 April 2015

Reflections of Life from a Wondering Mind

So I wrote this on my phone while I was sitting on a bench along the Halifax Waterfront, and my mind was just wondering. I was thinking about how much I love my city, and then this popped into my head. It's short and sweet, but I thought someone might enjoy it, so here it is:

I am of the Ocean - it's in me like the blood that flows through my veins. The ebb and flow of the tides and the crashing waves soothe my soul like a mother's lullaby. The raging storms and rocky seas are a constant reminder of the harsh reality of life near the water - She gives life as easily as She snatches it away. The salt air revitalizes me - tells me I'm home. I could never live far from the water. I would feel trapped, cadged in and suffocating on the dry, heavy air. I am of the Ocean, and She is of me.

I am also of the Earth. My roots grow thick and run deep, like a wise tree bearing witness to the changing times. The green vitality of the living Earth breathes life into my being every second of the day. My internal cycles are reflected in the seasonal changes observed in the wild world around me. The deep forests teaming with life are where I long to be - living in harmony with the plants and animals surrounding me. Like the Ocean, the Earth can be cruel and unforgiving - only the strong survive. I am of the Earth, and She is of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment