Sunday 15 June 2014

Another Life Update

For anyone that's interested, here's a brief life update...

I know I mentioned a little while back that it felt like I was in some kind of a weird time warp and I was loosing months, maybe because the weather had been so shitty...well, I'm happy to report that the weather here has been much better lately! We've finally had a few great warm sunny days, now we just need a few more and we'll be all set! 

A few weeks back I was doggy sitting for my parents, which was great in some ways, but overall it was a very trying week. I also got food poisoning the day after I got the dog, so that was terrible timing, and then once I got over that, I had a migraine. All in all, that week was pretty shitty.

I think I mentioned earlier that I was a bit stressed about work-related stuff. While I can't say too much here in case someone from my work happens to stumble upon this, that's gotten better as well.

So on the whole, things are looking up!

Something that's really exciting for me is that I've got 2 upcoming vacations booked - both in the month of September. The first one I booked was going to be the only vacation for me this year, which I was totally fine with and very happy about, but then I had a really great opportunity open up and I couldn't let it pass me by. I originally booked a cruise for my wife and I, because she's never been one one before and my brother and his partner were booked on it already. I think they're a great way to see a few places in a relatively short amount of time, and since my wife hasn't done a lot of traveling outside of Canada, I thought it would be a great for us. I'm really excited about this one...it's at the end of September and into October (well, I suppose it's more in October, but still). The second one I booked is a trip to Disney World in FL. I'm a HUGE Disney World freak anyway, having been there a few times before, so when my parents said they had booked a trip I was a bit envious, to be honest. I was over at their place one night when my mom had to call them to update something, so just for fun, she asked how much it would be to add another person on to their reservation. To our surprise it was actually very little, so they told me that if I wanted to come with them I would just have to pay the extra money for them having the extra person on the reservation! So I'm essentially paying half price for a week in Disney World. I wish my wife was coming too, but because of our original vacation, I don't think she could get the time off, which does suck. This one is the last day in August into the first week of September. 

My IDGAF stuff has taken a bit of a back-seat to my travel planning - which is kind of what happens whenever I book a trip...I usually focus on that as opposed to what I'd been doing prior to. I know it's not good, but like I mentioned in my previous posts, I've not completely abandoned IDGAF. I'm planning a Solstice ritual for next Saturday, so hopefully that goes well. At the moment I don't have a clear-cut vision for the 'meat' of the ritual, which is kind of troublesome seeing as how it's in less than a week. I did some research though, on what's traditional for celebrations at that time of year, so hopefully I can come up with something fun yet meaningful. I also need to get back in to the swing of reading, something I'm hopeful I can do this week. 

I think that's all from me for now though. I'm really sorry I haven't been around much lately, but I'm hopeful I can change that now that I've gotten up-to-date on the blog prompts and am more in the mindset for doing stuff. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment